We believe that movements for positive change are greatly strengthened by building connections with each other.
We are building Beloved Community by:
- Connecting our work with communities around America who are working to revitalize the Black-Jewish relationship.
- Connecting Blacks and Jews in the Puget Sound area together in friendship and as partners for social change.
- Encouraging all Washington State citizens who seek to build Beloved Community to find new ways of connecting with each other and working together.
Goals and Next Steps over the Next Twelve Months
- Implementing our Communal Justice Reform Initiative
- Widen the circle of Blacks and Jews in the Puget Sound area who are engaged in revitalizing our relationship.
- Add another city to our national network of Black-Jewish Bible Study.
My work with the multi-faith team has been some of the most inspiring I have done in my career. This is a committed group of people from so many walks of life joining together to pursue equity and justice for some of our most marginalized communities.
Audrey L. Covner
Being part of the Jewish/Black Clergy Bible Study has been spiritually and intellectually rewarding for me. The (selected text and) opportunity to be paired together and study the bible from two rich faith traditions is simply awesome. The theological interpretations shared have been fascinating and extremely relevant when reflecting upon social issues of our time. Two historic marginalize groups finding common ground with the hope of individual and community spiritual transformation to help shape a better world is what I had hoped when joining this group. Together we are learning and continue to develop our respective hermeneutics with the collaboration of rabbi and theological scholars in this space. Onward… striving to uplift the beloved community!